Originally from Texas, Joe Fairless moved to New York after graduation. He began his career as a Junior Product Manager and soon became the youngest VP of an Advertising agency in New York City. While working a full-time job, Joe had at least 5 different side businesses. He was looking to get a step ahead to set himself up financially for the future.
Beginning with an investment in a single-family rental property in Texas and later moving into multi-family units, Joe created a company that now controls over $170 Million worth of real estate. Joe is now a full time Real Estate Investor and Host of the world’s longest running daily real estate podcast, Best Real Estate Investing Advice Ever. Joe’s podcasts hosts distinguished real estate investors and entrepreneurs to share their advice and success stories to help people achieve financial success. Former guests include Barbara Corcoran and Robert Kiyosaki.
- Joe’s life before Real Estate [1:34]
- Steps he took to set himself up for the future [3:00]
- A work/life integration vs. a work/life balance [11:45]
- Joe’s previous side businesses and what he learned from his mistakes [14:40]
- How he altered the content of his podcast to achieve his desired business outcome [17:00]
- Challenges Joe faced when he left his full-time job [22:12]
- Advice for those looking to start a side business in Real Estate [27:00]
- Two things you need to make money in Real Estate [31:00]
- Why he switched from investing in single-family homes to multi-family [32:40]
- What makes multi-family investments more lucrative [34:00]
- How to get into Real-Estate [37:00]
- A free guide to investing in apartments [40:20]
- By working on the weekend you’re earning money to put towards your investment instead of going out and spending money [3:30]
- Focus on your message and value to the audience [14:40]
- It’s better to be selectively famous than generally popular – Tools of Titans [17:00]
- Surround yourself with the right people, content, and take a leap of faith [24:00]
- Educate yourself, there are lots of websites and podcasts available to learn from [37:00]
- Make an effort to reach out to people who have had success in the business and learn from them [39:50]
- Do what you enjoy, find it and stay focused on it [41:00]
- Full time Multi-family Real Estate Investor.
- Worked in an Advertising agency in New York City doing five (5) different Side Businesses before deciding to go full-time.
- Created a company that now controls over $170 Million worth of multi-family assets.
- Podcast Host of Best Real Estate Investing Advice Ever.
Contacts and Links
sam AT joefairless.com
info AT joefairless.com
Listen to the Show
ike AT TheSideBusiness.show