Linda Liberatore is the founder and president of My Landlord Helper, a virtual assistant solution for DIY real estate investors. Her firm manages over $150 million in assets by automating property and account management for their clients.
Linda is a contributor to the Forbes Real Estate Council and the author of two books: Daily Inspirations to Achieve Your Real Estate Investment Goals and the international best seller, My Landlord Helper: Keys to Managing Your Real Estate Investments, Achieving Explosive Growth and Saving Money.
Linda is also a consultant and public speaker and focuses on inspiring investors and professionals in residential real estate. She was recently named 2017 Think Realty Property Manager of the Year and Coach. She has led over 1000 workshops on property management, software productivity and desktop productivity.
Book Recommendation: The One Thing by Gary Keller
- Top three strategies for rental property investors [2:15]
- Learn by networking with others in the business [5:00]
- Resources and tips for finding good tenants [9:30]
- Reduce maintenance requests by assisting tenants with repairs online [13:18]
- Property management software and technology help track multiple properties [16:15]
- The importance of keeping good records [22:15]
- Funding for purchasing your first property [24:40]
- What led Linda to start My Landlord Helper [27:30]
- Linda’s advice for new investors [36:40]
- Volunteering can prove your commitment to a networking group [8:30]
- Use online resources to run a background check [11:00]
- Use a property management software to keep your ledger up to date [21:00]
- Network with people who are already investing within the area you would like to invest [36:40]
Contacts and Links
- Founder and President of My Landlord Helper
- International Best Selling Author
- Speaker and Consultant
- Contributor to Forbes Real Estate Council
- 2017 Think Realty Property Manager of the Year and Coach
Coming Up in the Next Episode of The Side Business Show
Tune in to listen to Megan Poorman debate Ike on goal setting philosophies. We take off from Episode 26 and talk about different ways to accomplish your objectives. Also, listen to a spirited conversation on student debt and examples of how a side business could help reduce it.
Have Questions about the show? Do you need help with your Side Business or just want to bounce off ideas? Please write to us at ike@theSideBusiness.Show.