Pete Davis has had a distinctly unique career developing multiple side businesses into his full-time career.
Pete began his career as a Designer and then as a Brand & Marketing expert. He’s worked with companies ranging from Fortune 50’s to VC-backed startups and has experience in various industries including finance, consumer goods, technology, fashion, media, e-commerce, sports & entertainment, retail, and non-profits.
Starting out as a trader in futures, currencies, equities and options, he built a side business in financial markets. He later began developing pitches and deal flows for companies looking to attract capital and investors.
Pete recently launched a sports business career and is currently a Partner in Eventia Sports & Entertainment Group. Based out of Las Vegas, the event management company specializes in VIP Las Vegas events, golf tournaments, charity and gala events, and talent booking. Pete also works as a Special Advisor to Whitecap Sports Group, a boutique sports M&A firm that brokers the sales of sports franchises, leagues, and businesses.
- Leaving his full-time job and becoming involved in multiple side businesses [1:20]
- Successful people do these two things [8:50]
- Changing your LinkedIn profile can change your image [13:30]
- Tips for reaching out and connecting with people [21:00]
- Resources for starting a Sports Business career [25:30]
- The role family and friends play and his biggest struggle [30:00]
- His expected financial outcome and what it takes to achieve it [34:50]
- Staying focused and how to continue to make progress with multiple businesses [39:00]
- How not answering the phone made him more successful [42:50]
- Use your email signature to tell people who you are and what you can do [5:00]
- No one knows who you are except for what you tell them [13:30]
- Don’t put people on a pedestal, make them your mentor and learn from them [20:15]
- You are the sum of the 5 people you spend the most time with, look at the expectations of your peer group [32:40]
- Congratulate yourself on little achievements to give yourself positive momentum [37:00]
- Guard your time – don’t take any unscheduled phone calls or meetings [45:00]
- Designer and Branding Consultant
- Side businesses
- Financial trader in futures, currencies, equities and options
- Eventia Sports & Entertainment hosting VIP Las Vegas events and golf tournaments.
- Whitecap Sports Group brokering sales of sports franchises, leagues, and businesses
Contacts and Links
PeteDavisESQ AT gmail.com
Listen to the Show
Ike AT TheSideBusinessShow.com