Mark J. Podolsky (AKA The Land Geek) has built his financial independence through buying and selling raw, undeveloped land within the United States. In 2001, Mark started a side business flipping raw land. Since then, he has completed over 5,000 unique transactions and completely replaced the income from his original career.
By sharing his business acumen and time-tested strategies, Mark helps others break free from what he calls “Solo Economic Dependency.” Mark also continually explores new ideas and technologies that make the systems he uses and teaches smarter, faster and more efficient.
On a personal note, Mark and his wife, Rachel, have been married for 20 years. They have three children and reside in beautiful Scottsdale, Arizona. Mark is an active member in various charities including St. Vincent DePaul, UMOM homeless shelter and Boys Team Charity.
Favorite books: “Grit” by Angela Duckworth, “The One Thing” by Gary Keller, and “Man’s Search for Meaning” by Viktor Frankl.
- What is Solo Economic Dependency [2:54]
- The astounding profit you can make in raw land investment deals [5:42]
- 3 steps for doing due diligence on a land parcel before purchase [8:40]
- How do you find information on undervalued land [12:45]
- Stories of people that have succeeded with the raw land model [15:58]
- Putting together a list of potential buyers [17:53]
- Calculating the monthly payment for borrowers [23:08]
- Experience of how someone started broke, but still scaled big with land investment [24:17]
- Perks of doing land investments [27:40]
- How did Mark break into raw land investment [27:55]
Contacts and Links
email@example.com – In the subject line, please state “The Ike Show” or “The Side Business Show” and receive the launch program (worth $97) for FREE.
Mark Podolsky is a former investment banker who started flipping raw land in 2001 as a side business. He achieved financial independence within two years. Mark also hosts several podcasts related to raw land investing – The Best Passive Income Model, the Land Geek and The Art of Passive Income.
Coming Up in the Next Episode of The Side Business Show
Tune in for Beata Lorinc as she explains how she helped her senior citizen parents achieve financial independence with a boutique home remodeling business.
Have Questions about the show? Do you need help with your Side Business or just want to bounce off ideas? Please write to us at ike@theSideBusiness.Show.