Are your IRA and 401K retirement accounts being held hostage by the whims of Wall Street? Well, that’s mostly because you don’t think there is any other choice. We’ve all been brainwashed into thinking that stocks, bonds, and mutual funds are the only investment options for our hard-earned savings. Considering these accounts are meant for retirement, we are truly risking our savings in the hands of fund managers who are playing the stock market game at our expense.
Bryan Ellis is here to tell you that you can take control of your retirement money by setting up Self-Directed Accounts that have the same tax benefits as traditional IRAs or 401Ks. These accounts allow you to invest in alternative areas such as real estate, businesses, precious metals, and many other types of assets.
Bryan is the host of a show called Self Directed Investor Talk, and is an expert in Self-directed IRA’s, Solo 401ks, and 1031 Exchanges. He has the distinction of not being a lawyer, and yet his knowledge of the law surrounding self-directed IRA’s is so strong that he teaches legal education courses to licensed attorneys through the UCLA. Bryan lives in the metro Atlanta area with his wife and business partner Carole Ellis.
- What is a self-directed IRA? [3:08]
- Rails to operate within [4:53]
- Definition of In-service Distribution [5:49]
- How does one set up a self-directed IRA? [10:38]
- Type of IRAs and their resiliency against legal problems [14:00]
- What is a solo 401(k)? [15:10]
- Who is responsible for compliance issues when dealing with self-directed IRA investments? [19:00]
- What are the pitfalls to look out for? [24:14]
- What is a ROBS plan? [31:18]
- Under the law, there is nothing like a self-directed IRA. Huh? [9:58]
- Choose the 401(k) or IRA custodian based on the type of assets you are going to be investing in [11:40]
- Access learning videos especially for The Side Business Show audience at http://www.sdi.tv/ike
Contacts and Links
Coming Up in the Next Episode of The Side Business Show
Tune in for a unique conversation with Jason and Pili Yarusi. This always smiling couple is crushing it in multiple business, some they do separately and some they do together. Listen to Jason and Pili share their secret sauce for a healthy and profitable married life.
Have Questions about the show? Do you need help with your Side Business or just want to bounce off ideas? Please write to us at ike@theSideBusiness.Show.