- Currently a Sales Director at Shareablee
- Using a dividend income strategy over the past 10 years
- Building a slow and steady path to earn predictable income and gain financial independence
- Book Recommendations: The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas J. Stanley, One Up On Wall Street by Peter Lynch
Mike Berka is a native New Yorker, who recently relocated to Southern California to enjoy year-round warm weather and new adventures. In his quest for financial independence, Mike’s been employing a dividend income strategy for over a decade. This unique strategy has enabled Mike to reach a point where he now has predictable income. He can now spend more time working out, golfing and exploring the west coast.
- How Mike has used a dividend income strategy to build financial independence [1:10]
- What are dividends and why are they important [4:20]
- Why pursue income through dividends [5:25]
- The cash flow from dividends is similar to investing in real estate for cash flow [ [6:38]
- How to decide in which companies to invest [12:30]
- Mike looks for these things before purchasing stock [13:22]
- Investing through a brokerage company vs. directly from a company [15:10]
- What payout range Mike looks for in a company [18:40]
- Reducing risk when investing [24:20]
- Get appreciation from both ends, the stock price and the dividend [8:32]
- Look around your home to see what companies produce the products you use every day and research their stock [12:30]
- Look at the corporate website to read about a company’s corporate health [14:45]
- Purchase partial shares directly through a company [16:30]
- When compared to real estate, the startup cost of investing is much less [22:45]
Contacts and Links
Coming Up in the Next Episode of The Side Business Show
Tune in to listen to Malika Virani share the story of how Education and her passion for helping people transformed her life and career, and become a successful business owner.
Have Questions about the show? Do you need help with your Side Business or just want to bounce off ideas? Please write to us at Ike AT theSideBusiness.Show.